CMake triggers Windows Defender

Steve
Windows 10, Windows and Defender updates current.

CMake version 3.11.3

I'm preparing build environment for AMM (Advanced Modular Manikin) https://github.com/AdvancedModularManikin/DDS/AMM_Modules

My tool chain is MinGW 6.3.0

I followed the build instructions up to cmake and changed "Unix Makefiles" to "MinGW Makefiles":

mkdir build
cd build
cmake -G "Unix Makefiles" -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release ..
make

When I run 'cmake -G "MinGW Makefiles" -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release ..' Windows Defender triggers and reports: Trojan:Win32/Fuerboos.C!cl onĀ  file: D:\DDS-master\AMM_Modules\build\CMakeFiles\3.11.3\CompilerIdC\a.exe

I didn't find anything searching internet for CMake/Windows Defender/Fuerboos and not sure how to proceed.

Thanks for any help, Steve

Re: CMake triggers Windows Defender

Brad King
On 06/14/2018 04:43 PM, Steve wrote:
> When I run '/cmake -G "MinGW Makefiles" -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release ..'
> Windows Defender triggers and reports: Trojan:Win32/Fuerboos.C!cl on file:
> D:\DDS-master\AMM_Modules\build\CMakeFiles\3.11.3\CompilerIdC\a.exe

Strange.  That `a.exe` is an executable created by the MinGW compiler
by compiling a tiny source file CMake uses to identify the compiler.
CMake doesn't even try to run the executable.  It only needs to read
some strings out of it.

This must be triggering a false positive somehow.

-Brad