CMake on Raspberry Pi

Shawn G
Hi there, im having some troubles installing CMake on raspberry pi 3 running raspbian stretch.
I keep getting this error message when i run the command "sudo apt-get install build-essential cmake pkg-config"
The error message:
" Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Package CMake is not available, but is referred to by another package.
is only available from another source

E: Package 'cmake' has no installation candidate "

I've tried other installation methods like "pip install cmake" & "sudo apt-get install -y cmake" but all to no avail. Could you guys help me out? Is there a library i can extract from?

Thank you in advance.

Re: CMake on Raspberry Pi

Haocheng Liu
Hi Shawn,

On Sun, May 20, 2018 at 8:11 PM, Shawn G <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi there, im having some troubles installing CMake on raspberry pi 3 running raspbian stretch.
I keep getting this error message when i run the command "sudo apt-get install build-essential cmake pkg-config"
The error message:
" Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Package CMake is not available, but is referred to by another package.
is only available from another source

E: Package 'cmake' has no installation candidate "

I've tried other installation methods like "pip install cmake" & "sudo apt-get install -y cmake" but all to no avail. Could you guys help me out? Is there a library i can extract from?

A better question might be want kind of OS are you running on your raspberry Pi? I used to use the same command to install cmake on RASPBIAN 9 and it installs CMake 3.7.2 fine.
Thank you in advance.

Best regards
Haocheng

Haocheng LIU
Kitware, Inc.
R&D Engineer
21 Corporate Drive
Clifton Park, NY 12065-8662
Phone: <a href="tel:(518)%20881-4421" value="+15188814443" style="color:rgb(17,85,204);font-size:12.8px" target="_blank">518-881-4421

Re: CMake on Raspberry Pi

Andreas Mohr

On Sun, May 20, 2018 at 08:35:31PM -0400, [hidden email] wrote:
> Date: Mon, 21 May 2018 08:11:13 +0800
> From: Shawn G <[hidden email]>

>  Hi there, im having some troubles installing CMake on raspberry pi 3
> running raspbian stretch.
> I keep getting this error message when i run the command "sudo apt-get
> install build-essential cmake pkg-config"
> The error message:
> " Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> Package CMake is not available, but is referred to by another package.
> This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
> is only available from another source
>
> E: Package 'cmake' has no installation candidate "

# apt-cache policy cmake
cmake:
  Installed: 3.7.2-1
  Candidate: 3.7.2-1
  Version table:
 *** 3.7.2-1 500
        500 http://raspbian.raspberrypi.org/raspbian stretch/main armhf Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

(possibly your /etc/apt/sources* setup does not have
working/updated info for stretch/main repo?)

HTH,

Andreas Mohr

--
Das "S" in "IoT" steht für "Security"
[Signatur von betateilchen:

Re: CMake on Raspberry Pi

Eric Wing
On 5/20/18, Shawn G <[hidden email]> wrote:

>  Hi there, im having some troubles installing CMake on raspberry pi 3
> running raspbian stretch.
> I keep getting this error message when i run the command "sudo apt-get
> install build-essential cmake pkg-config"
> The error message:
> " Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> Package CMake is not available, but is referred to by another package.
> This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
> is only available from another source
>
> E: Package 'cmake' has no installation candidate "
>
> I've tried other installation methods like "pip install cmake" & "sudo
> apt-get install -y cmake" but all to no avail. Could you guys help me out?
> Is there a library i can extract from?
>
> Thank you in advance.

Try running:
sudo apt-get update