CMake and OpenWrt

Tim Just
Hi,

we want to use CMake as replacement of GNU Autotools within a research
project. The CMake build system for Unix platforms is almost working.

The next step would be to build our project within OpenWrt[1]. Because
autotools is widely used in combination with OpenWrt, there was little
effort to build our software using this combination.

Now I'm not sure if it is possible to use CMake as build system within
OpenWrt. The point is, that during the build process the whole toolchain
has to be compiled for the target platform...

My searches on google only produced [2].

Has anybody already used CMake in combination with OpenWrt or has some
ideas how to start?

Best regards,

Tim

[1] http://www.openwrt.org/
[2] https://dev.openwrt.org/ticket/3010

Re: CMake and OpenWrt

Cedric GESTES
Yep I did. in fact with openembedded, not openwrt.

You need a toolchain.cmake file to be passed to cmake. This file will configure cmake to use your cross-tool-chain. (compiler and staged library).

see: http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_Cross_Compiling

On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 4:05 PM, Tim Just <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Thanks for your fast reply!

Cedric GESTES wrote:
> Yep I did. in fact with openembedded, not openwrt.
>
> You need a toolchain.cmake file to be passed to cmake. This file will
> configure cmake to use your cross-tool-chain. (compiler and staged library).

Ok, so you first run cmake using the toolchain.cmake file and then use
the produced Makefile during the openembedded respectively openwrt build
process?

Do you have an usage example?

BR,

Tim