CMake ParaView parallel testing on windows

CMake ParaView parallel testing on windows

Biddiscombe, John A.
Whilst setting up a dashboard for ParaView using windows + MPI, I noticed that a number of tests always fail because the executable is not found. I find that CMake code such as this

ADD_TEST(ParallelIso-image
  ${VTK_MPIRUN_EXE} ${VTK_MPI_PRENUMPROC_FLAGS} ${VTK_MPI_NUMPROC_FLAG} 2 ${VTK_MPI_PREFLAGS}
  ${CXX_TEST_PATH}/${RelWithDebInfo}/ParallelIsoTest
  -D ${VTK_DATA_ROOT}
  -T ${VTK_BINARY_DIR}/Testing/Temporary
  -V Baseline/Parallel/ParallelIso.cxx.png
  ${VTK_MPI_POSTFLAGS}
)

does not get the executable path for the actual test set correctly to
build/bin/RelWithDebInfo/ParallelIsoTest but only to build/bin/ParallelIsoTest

I tried adding ${CMAKE_CFG_INTDIR}
  ${CXX_TEST_PATH}/${CMAKE_CFG_INTDIR}/ParallelIsoTest

and then running
ctest -C RelWithDebInfo -V -R ParallelIso

but the output is
270: Test command: "C:\Program Files\MPICH2\bin\mpiexec.exe" -np 2 -localonly -channel mt D:/cmakebuild/pv-shared/bin/$(OutDir)/ParallelIsoT
est -D H:/VTKData -T D:/cmakebuild/pv-shared/VTK/Testing/Temporary -V Baseline/Parallel/ParallelIso.cxx.png

where we have $(OutDir) rather than RelWithDebInfo.

Is there a correct way to do this? I had a look at previous dashboards and see that there is no regular windows + Mpi + Parallel testing done for paraview (and now I know why!)

Thanks for any pointers (My guess is that the ADD_TEST() command is internally substituting the bin dir for the first executable, but this is not applicable for the mpirun version)

JB

--
John Biddiscombe,                            email:biddisco @ cscs.ch
http://www.cscs.ch/

Re: CMake ParaView parallel testing on windows

Biddiscombe, John A.
Erratum : I pasted the wrong version in to my earlier message, the offending CMake line is
(the existing code) ${CXX_TEST_PATH}/ParallelIsoTest
and
${CXX_TEST_PATH}/${CMAKE_INTDIR}/ParallelIsoTest
is what I tried but is replaced with $(OutDir)

Clinton Stimpson

How about something like this:
"${EXECUTABLE_OUTPUT_PATH}/\${CTEST_CONFIGURATION_TYPE}/
MyTestExecutable"

Then CTEST_CONFIGURATION_TYPE is expanded at ctest time and the -C
flag to ctest determines which configuration to use.

Clint

On Dec 15, 2009, at 4:29 AM, Biddiscombe, John A. wrote:

> Erratum : I pasted the wrong version in to my earlier message, the
> offending CMake line is
> (the existing code) ${CXX_TEST_PATH}/ParallelIsoTest
> and
> ${CXX_TEST_PATH}/${CMAKE_INTDIR}/ParallelIsoTest
> is what I tried but is replaced with $(OutDir)

Clint,

Nice. This works perfectly (or at least as far as I can tell so far).

Thanks a lot

JB