CMake Monthly Meeting Summary

Robert Maynard
Hi,

The next CMake monthly meeting will occur on Dec 5th at 10am in the
KHQ21 Conference Room ( meet.google.com/nak-crpy-ykz ). If you want to
be added to the calendar invite don't hesitate to send me an email.

The next monthly meeting currently doesn't have a agenda yet, so
please suggest things to talk about. Currently on my list of items to
talk about is:
  - Setup a group of people to investigate the amount of work needed
to support C++20 modules
  - Should we schedule an internal CMake course
  - Keep working on blog articles

I wrote up some CMake 3.10 highlights slides which can be found at:
https://docs.google.com/a/kitware.com/presentation/d/1gFe2XQBS_z97SGBRDrWyp3dvtax7K2uM77Omb6rKpo0/edit?usp=sharing

My goal with these slides is to have material to help people
disseminate new CMake features other Kitware teams and a keeping
collaborators informed. I plan on making these slides for every
significant CMake release.

As far as the blog to book goes the following action items have been organized:
- Bill is working on a blog post for December that will cover clang
tidy / use_what_you_include support in CMake
- Chuck/Robert/Bill are working on a CMake style guideline blog post
which is aiming for February

Re: CMake Monthly Meeting Summary

Robert Maynard
Sorry about this this was meant for an internal mailing list.

On Tue, Nov 21, 2017 at 12:11 PM, Robert Maynard
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The next CMake monthly meeting will occur on Dec 5th at 10am in the
> KHQ21 Conference Room ( meet.google.com/nak-crpy-ykz ). If you want to
> be added to the calendar invite don't hesitate to send me an email.
>
> The next monthly meeting currently doesn't have a agenda yet, so
> please suggest things to talk about. Currently on my list of items to
> talk about is:
>   - Setup a group of people to investigate the amount of work needed
> to support C++20 modules
>   - Should we schedule an internal CMake course
>   - Keep working on blog articles
>
> I wrote up some CMake 3.10 highlights slides which can be found at:
> https://docs.google.com/a/kitware.com/presentation/d/1gFe2XQBS_z97SGBRDrWyp3dvtax7K2uM77Omb6rKpo0/edit?usp=sharing
>
> My goal with these slides is to have material to help people
> disseminate new CMake features other Kitware teams and a keeping
> collaborators informed. I plan on making these slides for every
> significant CMake release.
>
> As far as the blog to book goes the following action items have been organized:
> - Bill is working on a blog post for December that will cover clang
> tidy / use_what_you_include support in CMake
> - Chuck/Robert/Bill are working on a CMake style guideline blog post
> which is aiming for February

Re: CMake Monthly Meeting Summary

Cristian Adam
On Tue, Nov 21, 2017 at 6:40 PM, Robert Maynard <[hidden email]> wrote:
Sorry about this this was meant for an internal mailing list.

Please do give us an update on the part regarding C++20 modules! I think I'm not the only
on interested in this.

Cheers,
Cristian.