CMake Dependence on C: drive?

Michael Jackson

Currently using CMake 3.13.3 on Windows 10. I have “installed” cmake through the .zip download and placed it in E:\DREAM3D_SDK\ cmake-3.13.3-win64-x64.

If I now try to use that cmake to configure my source codes I get very strange errors (It cannot parse a simple project command) and then complains that it cannot find a CMake_MAKE_PROGRAM matching the “-G Ninja”.

I then went back to using the same version of CMake, but placed on the C:/DREAM3D_SDK/cmake-3.13.3-win64-x64 and now everything works as in the past, no problems. I have a .bat file that sets up my environment with needed paths and such. The ONLY difference between the 2 invocations was that I changed the path to reflect the alternate location of CMake. I can have 2 difference command prompts open based on this difference and one works and one does not.

Was/Is there a known limitation where CMake _must_ be run from the C: drive?

--

Michael Jackson | Owner, President

      BlueQuartz Software

[e] [hidden email]

[w] www.bluequartz.net

Re: CMake Dependence on C: drive?

J. Caleb Wherry
Seems strange. Just yesterday I pulled down 3.13.4 and had no issues. I check cmake into our repo so it gets invoked on an assortment of different drives. I do the same thing you do and just change our bat config file to point to the new cmake binary. Never had any issues.

I am running on Win7 but colleagues use Win10 and have not had any issues either.

All that to say: shouldn’t be an issue.

-Caleb

On Tue, Feb 19, 2019 at 5:05 PM Michael Jackson <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Sent from my iPhone SE