CMake Cookbook is out!!

Eric Noulard
Hi CMakers,

Hi try not do that too often but here comes a little promotion for a book which (I think) deserve attention.
The CMake Cookbook by Radovan Bast, Roberto Di Remigio

I'm not the author but I participate in the book review and I think the authors did a great job and the book contains a lot of good stuff for CMake users.

There is companion github project: https://github.com/dev-cafe/cmake-cookbook/
which contains all the recipes of example of code  used in the book.
All the recipes are tested to various CI in order to ensure they work as expected.

Happy building for everyone.
--
Eric

Re: CMake Cookbook is out!!

Alan W. Irwin-2
On 2018-09-27 20:26+0200 Eric Noulard wrote:

> Hi CMakers,
>
> Hi try not do that too often but here comes a little promotion for a book
> which (I think) deserve attention.
> The CMake Cookbook by Radovan Bast, Roberto Di Remigio
> https://www.packtpub.com/application-development/cmake-cookbook

I don't buy e-books unless they are DRM-free. (See <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_rights_management#Opposition> for why DRM is such a concern to knowledgable readers of e-books.)
Thus, I was very happy to see the e-book form of the above book is DRM-free.

Alan
__________________________
Alan W. Irwin

__________________________

Linux-powered Science
__________________________

Re: CMake Cookbook is out!!

Eric Noulard

On 2018-09-27 20:26+0200 Eric Noulard wrote:

> Hi CMakers,
>
> Hi try not do that too often but here comes a little promotion for a book
> which (I think) deserve attention.
> The CMake Cookbook by Radovan Bast, Roberto Di Remigio
> https://www.packtpub.com/application-development/cmake-cookbook

I don't buy e-books unless they are DRM-free. (See <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_rights_management#Opposition> for why DRM is such a concern to knowledgable readers of e-books.)

Hi Alan,

I'm am well aware of the DRM plague However I shall admit that for this time I didn't checked before accepting the book review because I was pleased to help people do what I didn't manage to do myself: write a CMake book.

I know both authors now and I'm pretty sure they don't want to put any knowledge in a cage.

Thus, I was very happy to see the e-book form of the above book is DRM-free.

Yes precisely and the reason is a clear no go for DRM on the publisher side:

Don't take my words as bare advertisement but as enthusiasm for freedom.
Next exchange on this off-topic will go off the CMake Mailing List.
--
Eric