CMake 3.9.0 Windows zip file shows wrong version

CMake 3.9.0 Windows zip file shows wrong version

Adam Getchell-2
Hi all,

The CMake 3.9.0 Windows zip file gives the wrong version. Here’s a snippet from my AppVeyor logs [1]:

appveyor DownloadFile %CMAKE_URL% -FileName cmake.zip
Downloading cmake.zip (25,944,520 bytes)...100%
7z x cmake.zip -oC:\projects\dev
7-Zip [64] 16.04 : Copyright (c) 1999-2016 Igor Pavlov : 2016-10-04
Scanning the drive for archives:
1 file, 25944520 bytes (25 MiB)
Extracting archive: cmake.zip
--
Path = cmake.zip
Type = zip

Re: CMake 3.9.0 Windows zip file shows wrong version

CMake mailing list
I suspect you are running a different cmake, not the one you've unzipped.

Type "where cmake" instead of "cmake --version" and Windows will list
the directories where it finds an executable named cmake. The first
one it lists is the one it is running when you type "cmake
--version"...

If you want to force the one you've downloaded to run instead of that
one, you could **prepend** to the PATH instead of appending to it.

HTH,
David C.