CMAKE_SYSTEM_FRAMEWORK_PATH is not considered when generating iOS XCode SYSTEM_FRAMEWORK_SEARCH_PATH

CMAKE_SYSTEM_FRAMEWORK_PATH is not considered when generating iOS XCode SYSTEM_FRAMEWORK_SEARCH_PATH

Trillmann, Jens
Hi,

I'm not sure if this is a bug or if I have misunderstood something. I'm
linking against Qt-Frameworks on iOS. CMake automatically adds the
base-path of these Frameworks to the includes of my targets. Because
there are warnings in the header files and I am building with -Werror,
these Frameworks have to be linked with -Fsystem. This means for XCode,
that the SYSTEM_FRAMEWORK_SEARCH_PATH variable must include the base-path.

Using INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES(SYSTEM ${BASE_PATH}) globally for all targets
works, but destroys any kind of modularization I have built in my project.

Alternatively the CMAKE_SYSTEM_FRAMEWORK_PATH from the CMake Toolchain
file variable could be used for this. My problem is that the variable is
not considered in cmGlocalXcodeGenerator.cpp when deciding between
FRAMEWORK_SEARCH_PATH and SYSTEM_FRAMEWORK_SEARCH_PATH. Is this is
intended behaviour? Is there maybe another way to solve this?

Thanks in advance,

Jens Trillmann