[CMAKE] Disable testing when building using bootstrap

[CMAKE] Disable testing when building using bootstrap

Jon Haitz Legarreta Gorroño
Hi,

I'm trying to build CMake from sources using the `bootstrap` script.

Please, correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like CMake is being
built with `BUILD_TESTING=ON` by default.

I'd like to disable testing (and any other non-essential option), but
AFAIK bootstrap does not expose the `-DBUILD_TESTING` flag, or I have
not found a way to set it to `OFF`.

Is this possible / does this make sense at all? Can anyone please
provide me with the pointers to do so?

Thank you,
JON HAITZ

Re: [CMAKE] Disable testing when building using bootstrap

CMake mailing list
You can pass CMake arguments to the bootstrap by doing:

./bootstrap <options> -- -DBUILD_TESTING=OFF

On Mon, Feb 11, 2019 at 12:03 PM Jon Haitz Legarreta Gorroño
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to build CMake from sources using the `bootstrap` script.
>
> Please, correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like CMake is being
> built with `BUILD_TESTING=ON` by default.
>
> I'd like to disable testing (and any other non-essential option), but
> AFAIK bootstrap does not expose the `-DBUILD_TESTING` flag, or I have
> not found a way to set it to `OFF`.
>
> Is this possible / does this make sense at all? Can anyone please
> provide me with the pointers to do so?
>
> Thank you,
> JON HAITZ

Re: [CMAKE] Disable testing when building using bootstrap

Jon Haitz Legarreta Gorroño
Hi Robert,
thanks. That answers the question !

Cheers,