CMAKE_AR/NM/RANLIB require full path?!

René J. V.  Bertin
Hi,

I just got some build failures when changes to my build scripts led to configuring with -DCMAKE_AR=ar (RANLIB=ranlib, etc).

The documentation isn't explicit on what these parameters expect so I assumed that it should be fine to set them to a command name, as with CMAKE_<LANG>_COMPILER.

Wrong! CMake will apparently prepend CMAKE_BINARY_DIR to these commands.

If this is intentional, why isn't it documented in the CMAKE_AR (etc) description?

Thanks,

R.