CHECK_INCLUDE_FILE_CXX with built from source compiler

CHECK_INCLUDE_FILE_CXX with built from source compiler

houssen
Hello,

I do NOT use /usr/bin/g++ that is installed in the system (long story -
don't ask why).
I compiled gcc from source and installed it in /my/path/local/bin/g++.

Now I need to check for tuple with CHECK_INCLUDE_FILE_CXX : it fails !

Still failing if:
1. I export CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH to point at
/my/path/local/include/c++/x.y.z (I checked: tuple is here)
2. set this before calling CHECK_INCLUDE_FILE_CXX :
   SET ( CMAKE_REQUIRED_FLAGS "-I$ENV{CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH}" )
   SET ( CMAKE_REQUIRED_INCLUDES "$ENV{CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH}" )

What is wrong ?

Franck

Re: CHECK_INCLUDE_FILE_CXX with built from source compiler

houssen
Forgot to mention:

~> cmake --version
cmake version 3.5.0

Le 2017-03-13 19:33, houssen a écrit :

> Hello,
>
> I do NOT use /usr/bin/g++ that is installed in the system (long story
> - don't ask why).
> I compiled gcc from source and installed it in
> /my/path/local/bin/g++.
>
> Now I need to check for tuple with CHECK_INCLUDE_FILE_CXX : it fails
> !
>
> Still failing if:
> 1. I export CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH to point at
> /my/path/local/include/c++/x.y.z (I checked: tuple is here)
> 2. set this before calling CHECK_INCLUDE_FILE_CXX :
>   SET ( CMAKE_REQUIRED_FLAGS "-I$ENV{CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH}" )
>   SET ( CMAKE_REQUIRED_INCLUDES "$ENV{CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH}" )
>
> What is wrong ?
>
> Franck

Re: CHECK_INCLUDE_FILE_CXX with built from source compiler

houssen
For the record, the solution is (try_compile needs this option):
SET(CMAKE_REQUIRED_FLAGS "-std=c++11")

Is there a way to get this flag whatever the compiler to do this ?
[SET_TARGET_PROPERTIES(myTarget PROPERTIES CXX_STANDARD 11) seems to be
relevant only for target - flags are not available]

Franck

Le 2017-03-13 19:36, houssen a écrit :

> Forgot to mention:
>
> ~> cmake --version
> cmake version 3.5.0
>

> Le 2017-03-13 19:33, houssen a écrit :
>> Hello,
>>
>> I do NOT use /usr/bin/g++ that is installed in the system (long
>> story
>> - don't ask why).
>> I compiled gcc from source and installed it in
>> /my/path/local/bin/g++.
>>
>> Now I need to check for tuple with CHECK_INCLUDE_FILE_CXX : it fails
>> !
>>
>> Still failing if:
>> 1. I export CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH to point at
>> /my/path/local/include/c++/x.y.z (I checked: tuple is here)
>> 2. set this before calling CHECK_INCLUDE_FILE_CXX :
>>   SET ( CMAKE_REQUIRED_FLAGS "-I$ENV{CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH}" )
>>   SET ( CMAKE_REQUIRED_INCLUDES "$ENV{CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH}" )
>>
>> What is wrong ?
>>
>> Franck

> http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_FAQ
>
> Kitware offers various services to support the CMake community. For
> more information on each offering, please visit:

Re: CHECK_INCLUDE_FILE_CXX with built from source compiler

Robert Maynard
This is a known issue that will be resolved in CMake 3.8 (
https://cmake.org/cmake/help/v3.8/policy/CMP0067.html#policy:CMP0067 )

On Wed, Mar 15, 2017 at 5:12 AM, houssen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> For the record, the solution is (try_compile needs this option):
> SET(CMAKE_REQUIRED_FLAGS "-std=c++11")
>
> Is there a way to get this flag whatever the compiler to do this ?
> [SET_TARGET_PROPERTIES(myTarget PROPERTIES CXX_STANDARD 11) seems to be
> relevant only for target - flags are not available]
>
> Franck
>

> Le 2017-03-13 19:36, houssen a écrit :
>>
>> Forgot to mention:
>>
>> ~> cmake --version
>> cmake version 3.5.0
>>

>> Le 2017-03-13 19:33, houssen a écrit :
>>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I do NOT use /usr/bin/g++ that is installed in the system (long story
>>> - don't ask why).
>>> I compiled gcc from source and installed it in /my/path/local/bin/g++.
>>>
>>> Now I need to check for tuple with CHECK_INCLUDE_FILE_CXX : it fails !
>>>
>>> Still failing if:
>>> 1. I export CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH to point at
>>> /my/path/local/include/c++/x.y.z (I checked: tuple is here)
>>> 2. set this before calling CHECK_INCLUDE_FILE_CXX :
>>>   SET ( CMAKE_REQUIRED_FLAGS "-I$ENV{CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH}" )
>>>   SET ( CMAKE_REQUIRED_INCLUDES "$ENV{CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH}" )
>>>
>>> What is wrong ?
>>>
>>> Franck
>>

>> --
>>
>> Powered by www.kitware.com

>> http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_FAQ
>>
>> Kitware offers various services to support the CMake community. For
>> more information on each offering, please visit:

> http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_FAQ

Re: CHECK_INCLUDE_FILE_CXX with built from source compiler

houssen
OK, thanks !

Franck