CDash Setup for HDF5

Michael Jackson
So it looks like there is an "experiment" underway at the HDF5 site.
They are willing to "CMakeify" the HDF5 library build system on a
trial basis. What all is involved in setting up a CDash drop site for
the regression tests?

Thanks
Mike Jackson                  [hidden email]
BlueQuartz Software                    www.bluequartz.net
Principal Software Engineer                  Dayton, Ohio

Re: CDash Setup for HDF5

David Cole
Go to "http://my.cdash.org" and click the "Start My Project >" button...

Allows 10 submissions per day for free.

:-)

On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 5:20 PM, Michael Jackson <[hidden email]> wrote:
So it looks like there is an "experiment" underway at the HDF5 site. They are willing to "CMakeify" the HDF5 library build system on a trial basis. What all is involved in setting up a CDash drop site for the regression tests?

Thanks
Mike Jackson                  [hidden email]
BlueQuartz Software                    www.bluequartz.net
Principal Software Engineer                  Dayton, Ohio

Re: CDash Setup for HDF5

Michael Jackson
Ok, So I registered with my.cdash.org and created the HDF5 project. So
now what?

Mike Jackson                  [hidden email]

On Nov 17, 2009, at 5:26 PM, David Cole wrote:

> Go to "http://my.cdash.org" and click the "Start My Project >"
> button...
>
> Allows 10 submissions per day for free.
>
> :-)
>

> On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 5:20 PM, Michael Jackson <[hidden email]
> > wrote:
> So it looks like there is an "experiment" underway at the HDF5 site.
> They are willing to "CMakeify" the HDF5 library build system on a
> trial basis. What all is involved in setting up a CDash drop site
> for the regression tests?
>
> Thanks
> Mike Jackson                  [hidden email]
> BlueQuartz Software                    www.bluequartz.net
> Principal Software Engineer                  Dayton, Ohio

Re: CDash Setup for HDF5

David Cole
Well your question was how to set up the drop site. You did it. You're done.

Now to use it, clients must run dashbaords and submit them to the new site. Presumably you will download the CTestConfig.cmake from cdash since you set up the project and add it to the HDF5 source tree next to the top level CMakeLists.txt file.

Then clients just need to run HDF5 dashboards and submit...

HTH,
David

On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 5:08 PM, Michael Jackson <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Ahh. did not see that the CDash provided a  CTestConfig.cmake file.
I'll try to work on that. I have old ParaView dashboard scripts that
can get me started.

Mike Jackson                  [hidden email]

On Nov 23, 2009, at 8:29 AM, David Cole wrote:

> Well your question was how to set up the drop site. You did it.
> You're done.
>
> Now to use it, clients must run dashbaords and submit them to the
> new site. Presumably you will download the CTestConfig.cmake from
> cdash since you set up the project and add it to the HDF5 source
> tree next to the top level CMakeLists.txt file.
>
> Then clients just need to run HDF5 dashboards and submit...
>

> HTH,
> David
>

> On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 5:08 PM, Michael Jackson <[hidden email]
> > wrote:
> Ok, So I registered with my.cdash.org and created the HDF5 project.
> So now what?

> Mike Jackson                  [hidden email]
>

> On Nov 17, 2009, at 5:26 PM, David Cole wrote:
>
> Go to "http://my.cdash.org" and click the "Start My Project >"
> button...
>
> Allows 10 submissions per day for free.
>
> :-)
>

> On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 5:20 PM, Michael Jackson <[hidden email]
> > wrote:
> So it looks like there is an "experiment" underway at the HDF5 site.
> They are willing to "CMakeify" the HDF5 library build system on a
> trial basis. What all is involved in setting up a CDash drop site
> for the regression tests?
>
> Thanks
> Mike Jackson                  [hidden email]
> BlueQuartz Software                    www.bluequartz.net
> Principal Software Engineer                  Dayton, Ohio

Re: CDash Setup for HDF5

Will Dicharry
Hi Michael,

Sorry for coming into this conversation late, I just caught this thread
on the mailing list.  I rigged a CMake build around HDF5 for one of my
projects.  It's really tailored to a couple of my systems (Linux/GCC 32
and 64 bit cluster and IBM/VisualAge 64 bit cluster), so I'm not sure
how useful it would be to you guys, but I'm happy to share it if you're
interested.  Basically, all I did was go through the H5config.h file and
the autoconf files and tried to configure the file correctly using CMake
and implementing the autoconf checks in Cmake.

-- Will

Michael Jackson wrote:

> Ahh. did not see that the CDash provided a  CTestConfig.cmake file. I'll
> try to work on that. I have old ParaView dashboard scripts that can get
> me started.

> Mike Jackson                  [hidden email]
>

> On Nov 23, 2009, at 8:29 AM, David Cole wrote:
>
>> Well your question was how to set up the drop site. You did it. You're
>> done.
>>
>> Now to use it, clients must run dashbaords and submit them to the new
>> site. Presumably you will download the CTestConfig.cmake from cdash
>> since you set up the project and add it to the HDF5 source tree next
>> to the top level CMakeLists.txt file.
>>
>> Then clients just need to run HDF5 dashboards and submit...
>>

>> HTH,
>> David
>>

>> On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 5:08 PM, Michael Jackson
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Ok, So I registered with my.cdash.org and created the HDF5 project. So
>> now what?

>> Mike Jackson                  [hidden email]
>>

>> On Nov 17, 2009, at 5:26 PM, David Cole wrote:
>>
>> Go to "http://my.cdash.org" and click the "Start My Project >" button...
>>
>> Allows 10 submissions per day for free.
>>
>> :-)
>>

>> On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 5:20 PM, Michael Jackson
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> So it looks like there is an "experiment" underway at the HDF5 site.
>> They are willing to "CMakeify" the HDF5 library build system on a
>> trial basis. What all is involved in setting up a CDash drop site for
>> the regression tests?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Mike Jackson                  [hidden email]
>> BlueQuartz Software                    www.bluequartz.net
>> Principal Software Engineer                  Dayton, Ohio

> http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_FAQ

Will Dicharry
Software Developer
Stellar Science Ltd Co

smime.p7s (7K) Download Attachment

Re: CDash Setup for HDF5

Michael Jackson
We are moving pretty good with the CMakeified HDF5 V 1.8.4. You can
find it on Gitorious under the hdf5/hdf5-v18 project. I have most of
the autoconf stuff transferred over. Currently I am struggling trying
to get an HDF5/Visual Studio based build to actually, configure,
build, test and submit. Any help there is greatly appreciated.

On Nov 23, 2009, at 3:51 PM, Will Dicharry wrote:

> Hi Michael,
>
> Sorry for coming into this conversation late, I just caught this
> thread on the mailing list.  I rigged a CMake build around HDF5 for
> one of my projects.  It's really tailored to a couple of my systems
> (Linux/GCC 32 and 64 bit cluster and IBM/VisualAge 64 bit cluster),
> so I'm not sure how useful it would be to you guys, but I'm happy to
> share it if you're interested.  Basically, all I did was go through
> the H5config.h file and the autoconf files and tried to configure
> the file correctly using CMake and implementing the autoconf checks
> in Cmake.
>
> -- Will
>
> Michael Jackson wrote:
>> Ahh. did not see that the CDash provided a  CTestConfig.cmake file.
>> I'll try to work on that. I have old ParaView dashboard scripts
>> that can get me started.
>> Mike Jackson                  [hidden email]
>> On Nov 23, 2009, at 8:29 AM, David Cole wrote:
>>> Well your question was how to set up the drop site. You did it.
>>> You're done.
>>>
>>> Now to use it, clients must run dashbaords and submit them to the
>>> new site. Presumably you will download the CTestConfig.cmake from
>>> cdash since you set up the project and add it to the HDF5 source
>>> tree next to the top level CMakeLists.txt file.
>>>
>>> Then clients just need to run HDF5 dashboards and submit...
>>>

>>> HTH,
>>> David
>>>

>>> On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 5:08 PM, Michael Jackson <[hidden email]
>>> Ok, So I registered with my.cdash.org and created the HDF5
>>> project. So now what?
>>>

>>> _________________________________________________________
>>> Mike Jackson                  [hidden email]
>>>

>>> On Nov 17, 2009, at 5:26 PM, David Cole wrote:
>>>
>>> Go to "http://my.cdash.org" and click the "Start My Project >"
>>> button...
>>>
>>> Allows 10 submissions per day for free.
>>>
>>> :-)
>>>

>>> On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 5:20 PM, Michael Jackson <[hidden email]
>>> So it looks like there is an "experiment" underway at the HDF5
>>> site. They are willing to "CMakeify" the HDF5 library build system
>>> on a trial basis. What all is involved in setting up a CDash drop
>>> site for the regression tests?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> _________________________________________________________
>>> Mike Jackson                  [hidden email]
>>> BlueQuartz Software                    www.bluequartz.net
>>> Principal Software Engineer                  Dayton, Ohio

> Will Dicharry
> Software Developer
> Stellar Science Ltd Co

Re: CDash Setup for HDF5

Michael Jackson
Is that 10 Total? I am submitting tests with the same site/name all
that, just updated results but the results don't seem to be "taking".
Hmm. 10 tests. I guess I'll have to be more conservative when I post a
test.