Building tests only for "make test"

Dr. Stefan Sablatnög

Hi all,

I face a (probably simple) problem:

I want to build a project, that includes tests, but these should not be build on

default, so I added EXCLUDE_FROM_ALL to the add_executable command.

How can I force them to be built when testing ?

(we test through make test and continuously via a ctest script)

Is there a simple solution?

Thanks in advance

Stefan

--

best regards

Dr. Stefan Sablatnög

email: [hidden email]

phone: ++49 731 15239474

address:

SVOX Ulm

Magirus Deutz-Straße 16

89077 Ulm

Re: Building tests only for "make test"

Marcel Loose
Hi Stefan,

I once dug into this issue, because I wanted to (more or less) emulate
the GNU Autotools 'make check' feature. Have a look at
http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMakeEmulateMakeCheck and see if that answers
you question.

Best regards,
Marcel Loose.

On Fri, 2009-12-11 at 15:53 +0100, Dr. Stefan Sablatnög wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> I face a (probably simple) problem:
>

> I want to build a project, that includes tests, but these should not
> be build on
>
> default, so I added EXCLUDE_FROM_ALL to the add_executable command.
>

> How can I force them to be built when testing ?
>
> (we test through make test and continuously via a ctest script)
>

> Is there a simple solution?
>

> Thanks in advance
>
> Stefan
>
> --
>

> best regards
>

> Dr. Stefan Sablatnög
>

> email: [hidden email]
>
> phone: ++49 731 15239474
>
> address:
>
> SVOX Ulm
>
> Magirus Deutz-Straße 16
>
> 89077 Ulm

Re: Building tests only for "make test"

Dr. Stefan Sablatnög
Hi Marcel,

Thanks for the hint, the wiki states it should be CMAKE_TEST_COMMAND,
I think this should be CMAKE_CTEST_COMMMAND?

By the way is there a way to make ctest use this new check target instead of
the default all in a continous testing configuration?
(I tried ctest.exe --build-target check -D ContinuousStart -D
ContinuousUpdate -D ContinuousConfigure -D ContinuousBuild -D ContinuousTest
-D ContinuousSubmit
And it didn't work as expected, but maybe I made a mistake)

Thanks

http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_FAQ

Re: Building tests only for "make test"

Marcel Loose
Hi Stefan,

You found a typo. I'll fix that right away. Thanks.

I've never tried to use the 'check' target with ctest, so I'm not sure
whether it should work or not. Maybe someone else can comment on this.

Best regards,
Marcel Loose.