Building Opencv and linking its library as external project

Building Opencv and linking its library as external project

Kamal Selvam
Hello,

I started learning CMAKE recently. I am encountering the philosophy of targets and properties since version 3.0.

I have a project where I should build OpenCV residing in my project folder as /myproject/third-party/opencv and then link it's library to my own target.

After searching a lot on stack overflow and internet, I always find CMake scripts of version < 2.8. Every single answer is unique. I could not find any proper example of building a third-party libraries the right way, exporting them and linking them with my own targets.

Could some guide me or post a example of best way to build a external project like opencv residing inside the project folder and linking it's library to my own targets.

Thank you,

Best regards,
Kamal