Automoc for ui files?

David Doria-2-3
I just learned about automoc, and it is fantastic! I have been able to
get rid of all of my manual QT4_WRAP_CPP calls. Is there a similar way
to get rid of my QT4_WRAP_UI calls? They are equally as bulky to write
out manually :)

Thanks,

David

Re: Automoc for ui files?

Andreas Pakulat-2
Hi,

On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 12:02 AM, David Doria <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I just learned about automoc, and it is fantastic! I have been able to
> get rid of all of my manual QT4_WRAP_CPP calls. Is there a similar way
> to get rid of my QT4_WRAP_UI calls? They are equally as bulky to write
> out manually :)

No. In theory it could be doable though by checking for ui_* includes,
but unlike with moc's there's usually a lot less files and there's not
so much to configure for them either (think about QObject's in cpp
files requiring mocc'ing the cpp). Also many people don't keep their
.ui files alongside the code but in a separate directory which would
be a problem for an auto-ui function.

Andreas

Re: Automoc for ui files?

Rolf Eike Beer
Am , schrieb Andreas Pakulat:

> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 12:02 AM, David Doria <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>> I just learned about automoc, and it is fantastic! I have been able
>> get rid of all of my manual QT4_WRAP_CPP calls. Is there a similar
>> way
>> to get rid of my QT4_WRAP_UI calls? They are equally as bulky to
>> write
>> out manually :)
>
> No. In theory it could be doable though by checking for ui_*
> includes,
> but unlike with moc's there's usually a lot less files and there's
> not
> so much to configure for them either (think about QObject's in cpp
> files requiring mocc'ing the cpp). Also many people don't keep their
> .ui files alongside the code but in a separate directory which would
> be a problem for an auto-ui function.

I wonder if we could just do "the right thing" if one adds the ui files
to the list of source.

Eike

Re: Automoc for ui files?

Christian Ehrlicher
Am 31.10.2012 10:37, schrieb Rolf Eike Beer:

> Am , schrieb Andreas Pakulat:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 12:02 AM, David Doria <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>> I just learned about automoc, and it is fantastic! I have been able to
>>> get rid of all of my manual QT4_WRAP_CPP calls. Is there a similar way
>>> to get rid of my QT4_WRAP_UI calls? They are equally as bulky to write
>>> out manually :)
>>
>> No. In theory it could be doable though by checking for ui_* includes,
>> but unlike with moc's there's usually a lot less files and there's not
>> so much to configure for them either (think about QObject's in cpp
>> files requiring mocc'ing the cpp). Also many people don't keep their
>> .ui files alongside the code but in a separate directory which would
>> be a problem for an auto-ui function.
>
> I wonder if we could just do "the right thing" if one adds the ui
> files to the list of source.

Whats wrong with QT4_WRAP_UI()?

Christian