Auto generating package configuration file?

Auto generating package configuration file?

Damien R

I know that I could write, call configure_package_config_file() to generate package configuration file and call write_basic_package_version_file() to generate a version file.
Typically contains:

My question is why do I need to do that? Is it not possible for cmake to autogenerate theses files?
I may be wrong but I think that "modern cmake" has the necessary informations to do that.

Damien R.