Quantcast

Adding cache entries to cmake gui

Edward Diener
Using the cmake gui program of the latest cmake 3.7.2 I add a cache
entry of CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS to some compile flag value, but as soon as I
hit the generate button the cache entry disappears and is no longer
retained. Is CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS no longer a valid cmake variable ? If it is
not a valid cmake variable, what cmake variable can I use to add a cpp
compiler flag to my cmake build ?

Re: Adding cache entries to cmake gui

Nils Gladitz-2
On 01/30/2017 12:44 PM, Edward Diener wrote:

> Using the cmake gui program of the latest cmake 3.7.2 I add a cache
> entry of CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS to some compile flag value, but as soon as I
> hit the generate button the cache entry disappears and is no longer
> retained. Is CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS no longer a valid cmake variable ? If it
> is not a valid cmake variable, what cmake variable can I use to add a
> cpp compiler flag to my cmake build ?

CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS is an advanced cache variable that should implicitly
exist in a C++ project (it does not have to be added).
Advanced cache variables are hidden by default.
Did you check the "Advanced" option in cmake-gui?

Nils

On 1/30/2017 4:44 AM, Nils Gladitz wrote:

> On 01/30/2017 12:44 PM, Edward Diener wrote:
>
>> Using the cmake gui program of the latest cmake 3.7.2 I add a cache
>> entry of CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS to some compile flag value, but as soon as I
>> hit the generate button the cache entry disappears and is no longer
>> retained. Is CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS no longer a valid cmake variable ? If it
>> is not a valid cmake variable, what cmake variable can I use to add a
>> cpp compiler flag to my cmake build ?
>>

> CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS is an advanced cache variable that should implicitly
> exist in a C++ project (it does not have to be added).
> Advanced cache variables are hidden by default.
> Did you check the "Advanced" option in cmake-gui?

That was it. Thanks !