Accessing ${SITE} in CTestConfig.cmake

Donald MacQueen [|]
My machine shows up as M6800 under Site in my remote dashboard.

I want to use my local dashboard, so I did this in
CTestConfigCTestConfig.cmake:

IF (${SITE} STREQUAL "M6800")
     set(CTEST_DROP_SITE "192.168.49.128") # <-------------------------
local dashboard
ELSE()
     set(CTEST_DROP_SITE "192.168.10.150")
ENDIF()

I also tried IF (${CTEST_SITE} STREQUAL "M6800") with no luck.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

--
Donald [|]
A bad day in [] is better than a good day in {}.

---

Re: Accessing ${SITE} in CTestConfig.cmake

CMake mailing list
On Sat, 2018-12-29 at 09:01 -0500, Donald MacQueen [|] wrote:

> My machine shows up as M6800 under Site in my remote dashboard.
>
> I want to use my local dashboard, so I did this in
> CTestConfigCTestConfig.cmake:
>
> IF (${SITE} STREQUAL "M6800")
>      set(CTEST_DROP_SITE "192.168.49.128") # <-----------------------
> --
> local dashboard
> ELSE()
>      set(CTEST_DROP_SITE "192.168.10.150")
> ENDIF()
>
> I also tried IF (${CTEST_SITE} STREQUAL "M6800") with no luck.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Donald [|]
> A bad day in [] is better than a good day in {}.
>

> ---

Donald,

Try this instead:

if(CTEST_SITE STREQUAL "M6800")
# ...

See the documentation for the if() command to understand how to use it:

https://cmake.org/cmake/help/latest/command/if.html

Kyle

Re: Accessing ${SITE} in CTestConfig.cmake

CMake mailing list
Thanks very much Kyle. I guess I am not real clear about when vars
should be used as var versus ${var}.

On Mon, 2018-12-31 at 13:50 -0500, Donald MacQueen [|] wrote:
> Thanks very much Kyle. I guess I am not real clear about when vars
> should be used as var versus ${var}.

Generally speaking, you use var when setting a variable, and ${var}
when reading its value. It's a lot like how shell variables are used in
bash:

foo=bar
echo $foo

if() and while() break this convention because they were written very
early in CMake's history, before there was a concept of variable
expansion.

However, because of CMP0054, you can put ${var} in quotes:

if("${foo}" STREQUAL "bar")

and it will have the same effect as:

if(foo STREQUAL "bar")

See https://cmake.org/cmake/help/latest/policy/CMP0054.html for